If you’re using Zelle® to send and receive money with friends, family and perhaps a small business, then you already know that Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to move money in the moment. But, did you know that you can also receive money from organizations, companies and even the government with Zelle®? This is also known as a disbursement.
Receiving money this way with Zelle® is just as easy – no additional enrollment steps or downloads needed if you’re already enrolled with Zelle® through your banking app!
No need to wait for a check or a prepaid card to arrive in the mail. Your money will be sent directly to your bank account.
Receive money using an email address of U.S. mobile number.
If you've never used Zelle®, you can enroll to receive your money in just a few simple steps.
Here’s how receiving money with Zelle® works:
- First, make sure you’re enrolled with Zelle®. If you’re not, visit enroll.zellepay.com, and follow the steps to enroll.
- Second, know the email or U.S. mobile number you enrolled with Zelle®. If you aren’t sure what email or mobile number you enrolled, check with your bank, or if you enrolled with the Zelle® app, tap the gear icon to check. This email or mobile number is linked to the bank account you selected at enrollment.
- Third, provide the email or U.S. mobile number you enrolled. Typically, the company offering to pay you with Zelle® will ask you for this information. Your enrolled email or mobile number will enable the money you receive to go directly into the bank account you selected.
When the company sends you money, you’ll get a payment notification to your enrolled email or mobile number letting you know the money is on the way!
Getting paid with Zelle® is fast, safe and easy . Get started at enroll.zellepay.com today.
1. What if my financial institution doesn’t offer Zelle®?
If your financial institution does not offer Zelle®, you can still use Zelle® by downloading the Zelle® app, then following these steps:
- Open the Zelle® app.
- Enroll your U.S. mobile number and email address.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Enroll your Visa® or Mastercard® debit card.
2. What if I accidentally deleted the email or text message telling me to enroll with Zelle®?
Don’t worry! Just visit enroll.zellepay.com and follow the simple steps to enroll with Zelle®. If you received a payment notification, be sure to enroll the same email address or U.S. mobile number your payment notification was sent to.
3. Who do I call for help?
Please contact the customer support team at the organization that sent you money with Zelle® for questions regarding payments and payment status.
clearXchange® Shut Down
1. I received a notice that clearXchange® is shutting down. How can I continue to receive my payments?
That’s correct, clearXchange® will be shut down on June 30, 2022. That means the last day you will be able to receive money via clearXchange will be June 29, 2022. To continue receiving your payments, you will need to enroll with Zelle® before June 30.
2. What do I need to do to transition to Zelle® to continue receiving payments?
To avoid any delays in payments, we recommend you deactivate your clearXchange® profile and enroll with Zelle® before June 30, 2022, following these steps:
- Log in to www.clearXchange.com. You will be prompted to deactivate your clearXchange® profile.
- After deactivating, download the Zelle® app on iOS or Android devices and enroll using your U.S. mobile number and a debit card linked to a U.S. checking account.
- You can also add your email address to the Zelle® app under Settings if you are already enrolled in the Zelle® app with a U.S. mobile phone number.
Click here for additional details about the clearxchange shut down.
3. What should I do if I have questions?
- If you have questions about enrolling in Zelle®, please contact our support team at 1-866-839-3488.
- If you have questions about setting up an alternative payment option, please contact the company or government entity that sends you payments.