The Zelle® Trademark Guidelines (“Guidelines”) are intended for licensees, authorized resellers, resellers, customers, and other third parties that intend to use any of the Zelle® Marks (defined below) in promotional, instructional, reference materials, or any other public facing materials. Licensees of the Zelle® Marks will have been provided with trademark usage terms. In the event there is a conflict between any trademark usage terms and these Guidelines and any license grant, the trademark license grant terms will control the licensee’s use of the Zelle® Marks.
The “Zelle® Marks” include the standard character Zelle® trademarks owned and used by Early Warning Services, LLC (“Early Warning”), a non exhaustive list provided below.
This list is subject to change with out notice:
Zelle. This is How Money Moves®
Zelle | This is How Money Moves ®
Zelle This is How Money Moves®
By using a Zelle® Mark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Early Warning is the sole owner of the Zelle® Mark and promising that you will not interfere with rights held by Early Warning in the trademark, including challenging any use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world by Early Warning, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Zelle® Marks and/or Early Warning trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Zelle® Mark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Early Warning. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise.
The Zelle® related trademarks and service marks that are stylized, slogans/taglines, and Zelle® logos owned and used by Early Warning may only be used under a license grant from Early Warning or an appropriate sub license grant from an entity with the rights to provide a sub license. To be clear, stylized Zelle® marks, slogans/taglines, and Zeller® logos are not included in the definition of Zelle® marks and are not addressed by this document. Early Warning takes great care in the development and protection of its Zelle® Marks and reserves all rights of ownership of its Zelle® Marks and the goodwill created in association with their use.
Fair Use of Trademarks by 3rd Parties
“Fair Use” of the Zelle® Marks, in other words any use of the Zelle® Marks by a third party without express permission or license can only apply to plain text (e.g., standard character) references to Zelle® Marks and Zelle® services. Fair Use does not extend to any Zelle® logos or stylized trademarks.
In general, Fair Use references to Zelle® marks must be truthful, must not mislead the public, and must not damage or misappropriate the goodwill associated with the Zelle® Marks. The Fair use of Zelle® Marks must accurately reference, explicitly or implicitly, the relationship between your company, products or services, and the Zelle® Marks and Early Warning. In general there are two types of acceptable fair use:
- When referencing the specific Zelle® service, and
- When indicating a third party service or product is compatible with, or provides a legitimate Zelle® service.
It is important to note that when fair use is being made of the Zelle® Marks that the Fair Use Guidelines below are followed. If the Fair Use Guidelines below are not followed the use of the Zelle® Marks may be considered unfair and a misappropriation of the rights of Early Warning.
Fair Use Guidelines for Use and/or Reference of the Zelle® Marks
Zelle® Marks (e.g., the Zelle® standard character marks) may be used to identify Zelle® products and services on websites; instructional, promotional, and/or reference material(s); or in the titles of publications, conferences, and/or seminars that feature or reference Zelle® products or services, provided the following Guidelines are met:
- May not include Zelle® Marks in your company name, product or service name(s), domain name(s), mobile app name(s), social media account name(s), publication title(s), conference title(s), website name(s), or any other source identifying material(s), without express prior authorization from Early Warning.
- May not include Zelle® Marks, in whole or in part, in your company logo(s), product logo(s), app launch tile image(s), in your software product(s) or service(s), social media profile page(s) or community image(s) without a prior written license/authorization from Early Warning.
- Your company name, product or service name(s), domain name(s), mobile app name(s), social media account name(s), publication title(s), conference title(s), website name(s), or any other source identifying material(s) may not be confusingly similar to the Zelle® Marks. Additionally the Zelle® Marks may not be used in the domain name of any publication, conference or seminar website without a written license or equivalent authorization from Early Warning.
- May not use Zelle® Marks on or in connection with any obscene or pornographic materials, or illegal activity, and use of Zelle® Marks may not be disparaging, defamatory, or libelous to Zelle® and/or Early Warning, any of its products, or any person or entity associated with Zelle® and/or Early Warning.
- May not use Zelle® Marks in any manner that directly or indirectly expresses or implies Zelle® and/or Early Warning sponsorship, affiliation, certification, approval, or endorsement in relation to your product(s), service(s), publication(s), conference(s), or seminar(s) or in such a manner that it appears that the Zelle® services and/or Early Warning is legally associated with your company, product(s), service(s), publication(s), conference(s), and/or seminar(s).
- May not use Zelle® Marks on or in connection with a website that provides download links for a fee (whether directly or indirectly via a subscription model or the like) for any Zelle® product or service.
- Zelle® Marks may not be the most prominent visual element(s) on a download page, app store marketing, or other marketing materials for your product or service. Your company name or logo, product or service name, and graphic identity must be significantly larger than Zelle® Marks. For conferences, publications, or seminars the Zelle® Marks may not appear larger or more prominent than the title or author’s name on the cover of the publication and in all materials related to the conference or seminar.
- May not alter Zelle® Marks in any way that results in changing a Zelle® Mark’s visual appearance, including, but not limited to, combining additional words or designs with Zelle® Marks, or removing a portion or portions of Zelle® Marks.
- Must always include the following trademark attribution statement: “All Zelle® trademarks used herein, are the exclusive property of Early Warning Services, LLC and are used with permission.”
- Must include a conspicuous disclaimer wherein it is made clear that Early Warning does not endorse or sponsor your company, any product or service offered by your company, or any publications, presentations, or distributed materials from your company. For uses of Zelle® Marks with products or services, at a minimum, the following disclaimer is an example of an acceptable disclaimer that must appear on any website or mobile application displaying a Zelle® Mark, and state in all capital letters:
“[INSERT PRODUCT or SERVICE] IS NOT AUTHORIZED, ENDORSED, OR SPONSORED BY EARLY WARNING SERVICES, LLC- OWNER OF [INSERT List of Zelle® Marks used].”
For uses of Zelle® Marks in publications, presentations, or distributed material, at a minimum, the following disclaimer is an example of an acceptable disclaimer that must appear in all capital letters:
“[INSERT TITLE OF PUBLICATION, CONFERENCE or SEMINAR] IS NOT AUTHORIZED, ENDORSED, OR SPONSORED BY EARLY WARNING SERVICES, LLC- OWNER OF [INSERT List of Zelle® Marks used].”
- May not manufacture, sell, or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Zelle® Marks.
- Early Warning reserves the right to revoke at any time, in its sole discretion, any permission granted to use Zelle® Marks, unless specifically prohibited in a separate agreement.
- May not purchase any Zelle® Marks as ad words or advertising keywords from any search engine, social media forum, or other online venue without express written authorization from Early Warning, which permission may be withdrawn if these Guidelines are violated.
- Must use an appropriate generic term after a Zelle® Mark the first time the Zelle® Mark appears in a publication and as often as possible after that. Any use of a Zelle® Mark must not be as a verb or noun and the use must always be as a descriptor acting on the goods or services being offered under the Zelle® Mark.
Acceptable: Disburse money with Zelle® payments
Unacceptable: Zelle® your funds