Zelle® presents the Holiday Guide to Tipping and Gifting with lifestyle and etiquette expert Elaine Swann.
Early Warning Services, LLC, the network owner and operator of Zelle®, today responded to misleading reports of fraud and scams on the Zelle Network®.
Scottsdale’s Early Warning®, the network owner of Zelle® is welcoming talent across numerous roles - including software engineering, customer service, product, data analytics, marketing, technology, and more.
- Five in Five: Five billion+ transactions and nearly $1.5 trillion have moved across the network since 2017.
- Safe Payments: More than 99.9% of payments are sent without any report of fraud or scams.
- Widespread Adoption by U.S. Financial Institutions: Nearly 1700 banks and credit unions, including minority deposit institutions (MDIs), now offer Zelle® in their apps.
- More than P2P: Disbursements increased 87% quarter-over-quarter; while growth in Zelle® for Small Business resulted in nearly eight million employees, contractors, and customers receiving payments from small businesses.
Network owner of Zelle® and 30-year-old fintech continues legacy in Greater Phoenix
- Mindy Kaling - writer, producer and actor
- Zelle® a fast, safe, and easy way to send money right from your banking app
- Year-over-year Growth: Sent payment values increased by 59%, while transaction volumes increased by 49%
- Business Payments Emerge as Key Use Case: Companies adopt Zelle® in 2021 for various use cases; 162% year-over-year increase in payments received by small businesses.
- Market Leader: Total payments value double those of closest P2P competitor, according to Aite-Novarica Group.
Mindy Kaling has teamed up with Zelle® to give away to help consumers thrive (not just survive) this holiday season.
Zelle® has teamed up with the Detroit Pistons to help Detroit's community invest in their financial future and learn how to protect themselves from fraud and scams.
- Disbursements and Small Business Represent Growing Use Cases as Consumer Demand for Zelle® Expands Beyond Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Payments
- Small Businesses Receive Over $11 billion and Send $17 billion with Zelle®
- Disbursements with Zelle® increases 28% Year-over-Year with Half a Billion Dollars Sent in Q3
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. (NASDAQ: JKHY), a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry, announced today that it is partnering with Early Warning Services, LLC, the network operator behind Zelle®, to make faster payments more readily available for minority-owned depository institutions (MDIs).
Banesco USA customers can now look for Zelle® in their BanescoMobile banking app to send money to friends and family, wherever they bank in the U.S. Money sent with Zelle® goes directly from one bank account in the U.S. to another, using only a recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number. Funds are typically available within minutes when both parties are already enrolled with Zelle®.
Zelle®and Oprah Daily have teamed up to give back to deserving teachers during two special episodes of Oprah Daily’s series, The OG Chronicles.
- Nearly 1700 financial institutions (FIs) signed on to the Zelle Network®, representing 74% (577 million) of all U.S. DDA accounts
- Credit unions and banks under $10 billion in assets are driving growth, representing 40% of FIs in the Zelle Network®
- Small businesses and consumers sent 436 million payments worth $120 billion with Zelle® in Q2 2021
- 392 million payments worth $106 billion sent over the Zelle Network®
- Zelle® Small Business achieves 180% year-over-year growth
- Investing in Consumer Education continues to be a priority as digital banking adoption grows
Cybercrime Support Network (CSN) today announced that Early Warning Services, LLC, the network operator of Zelle®, has joined the nonprofit collaboration as a lead sponsor.
Through its Pay It Safe initiatives, Zelle® helps educate consumers on protecting themselves and their money:
- Only send money to those you trust.
- Beware of payment scams.
- Treat Zelle® (or any digital payment system) like cash.
- Year-over-year Growth: Sent payment values increased by 62%, while transaction volumes increased by 58%
- Achieving ubiquity with banks and credit unions: Nearly 500 new financial institutions of all sizes joined the Zelle Network® in 2020
- Zelle for small businesses: New use case launches with 11 financial institutions, which reach 40% of U.S. small businesses
Zelle® partners with Queer Eye star to bring together special guests and give away a total of $75,000 to contest winners.
Zelle has partnered with Queer Eye star Karamo to produce Karamo's Holiday Spectacular, available to the public via Instagram on December 17. This live holiday event will include conversations with celebrity guests exploring the season's hottest topics. Winners of the Zelle® "Send Cheer" contest will receive $25,000 each for sending cheer in their local communities all year round.
Zelle® partners with Karamo to give away a total of $75,000 to contest winners
This holiday season, if you could give $25,000 to the one person in your life who sends cheer all year round, who would it be? Someone you love? Someone from your community who has made this year a little brighter - maybe a nurse, a teacher, or a community organizer? Or even yourself? Good news – it only takes sixty seconds to enter the Zelle® Send Cheer contest and potentially change a life forever!
Zelle® Partners with EVERFI to Launch Free Digital Financial Literacy Course for High Schools
WHO: Zelle® has partnered with celebrity TV host and Queer Eye star Karamo to give away a total of $75,000 this holiday season through the Zelle® “Send Cheer” contest.
Zelle Network® Exceeds One Billion Payments in 12 Months, Setting a New Record for the Payments Network
Physical distancing requirements continue to drive strong adoption of Zelle, with enrollment growing 17% over the prior year.
Partnership Helps Older Adults Stay Safe at Home by Learning New Digital Banking Habits
Due to recent economic and societal changes, there has been an increase in consumers leveraging Zelle for everyday essentials such as paying back neighbors for groceries, reimbursing friends and family for canceled events, and sending money to loved ones in need.
- $56 billion in payments processed on 230 million transactions during Q4 2019; growth of 14% and 17%, quarter-over-quarter, respectively
- $187 billion in payments processed on 743 million transactions in 2019; growth of 57% and 72% year-over-year, respectively
- Consumers Prefer Money Instead of Physical Gifts Bringing 2019 to a Successful Year End Close
- The More the Merrier—81% of Consumers Surveyed Have Given Group Gifts
- Money is the #1 Preferred Holiday Gift
- Across Generations, More Gen Z'ers (66%) Prefer Money as a Gift Followed by Millennials (61%)
Curriculum provides 50,000 students with the knowledge to navigate the risks and rewards of banking in the digital age
Year-over-year payment values increased by 58%; Year-over-year transaction volume increased by 73%
Year-over-Year transaction values increased by 56%; Year-over-Year transaction volume increased by 71%
Zelle® named Official Partner of The Basketball Tournament
• Year-over-Year transaction values increased 54%; Year-over-Year transaction volume increased by 72%
• Core processor partners sign 139 regional banks and credit unions onto the Zelle Network® in Q1 2019
• New Marketing Campaign Illustrates how Zelle makes “Everyday Better” for All Generations
Early Warning Services, LLC, the network operator behind Zelle, today released the results of its second Digital Payments Adoption Study (“study”). It found that 50% of first time P2P users are aged 45 and older. Not just for younger generations, older generations are trialing P2P because of growing confidence and trust in digital payments.
- $119 Billion in payments and 433 million transactions processed in 2018
- $35 Billion in payments and 135 million transactions processed in Q4 2018
- Strategic core processor partnerships led to more than a hundred Community Banks and Credit Unions joining the Zelle Network® in the year’s final quarter
Scottsdale, AZ., November 28, 2018 – Early Warning Services, LLC, the network operator behind Zelle, today released the results of its Holiday Survey. Scrooges and humbugs beware: the national survey found that nearly 50% of those surveyed plan to give money this holiday season, while the majority (58%) prefer to receive money as a gift.
Quarter-over-Quarter Zelle Network® Continues with Double-Digit Increases
in Transaction Volume and Value as More Financial Institutions Join the Network
Scottsdale, AZ., July 26, 2018 – In the second quarter of 2018 (April 1 – June 30), 100 million transactions took place on the Zelle Network® for a total of $28 billion in payments. Transaction volume was up 17% quarter-over-quarter (QoQ), and total money moved was up 11%. Across the entire Zelle Network, more than 67 million tokens have been enrolled.
[Infographic] Digital Payments Adoption Study
Zelle® Study Finds Growing Use of Digital Payments Across Generations
Top Use Cases for Millennials, Generation X, and Boomers Driving Adoption Include Rent, Meals & Shared Utility Bills
Scottsdale, AZ., July 11, 2018 – Early Warning Services, LLC, the network operator behind Zelle, today released the results of its first Digital Payments Adoption Study (“study”). To track consumer adoption, use, and attitudes toward digital payments, the study surveyed more than 9,000 U.S. consumers who are aware of P2P, own smartphones and have accessed online or mobile banking.
Scottsdale, AZ., April 26, 2018 – In the first quarter of 2018, more than $25 billion moved through the Zelle Network, up 15 percent quarter-over-quarter (QoQ), on 85 million transactions, up 14 percent QoQ.
[Infographic] Zelle 2017 Recap
Scottsdale, AZ., Jan. 29, 2018 – Zelle today announced record money movement in 2017 across its payments network, as millions of consumers reduced their dependence on physical checks and cash, and took part in the digital “new way to pay.”
In 2017, the $75 billion moved on Zelle, was an increase of 36 percent year-over-year (YoY) from 2016’s totals of $55 billion when the Zelle Network® was previously clearXchange®. The Zelle Network processed more than 247 million payments in 2017, an increase of more than 45 percent YoY on the 170 million transactions processed in 2016.
Processors, technology integrators, and mobile security leaders accelerate the delivery of easy, fast, and safe payments
LAS VEGAS, Nev., Oct. 24, 2017 – Zelle - a new, real-time payments network from bank-owned Early Warning Services – today added ACI Worldwide, CGI, D3 Banking Technology, and IBM to its growing list of technology partners. These leading technology companies will provide design, development and integration solutions and services to accelerate the adoption of Zelle at their financial institution clients.
More than 60-million transactions processed, valued at $17.5B in Q3 2017; Zelle Network® Expands Access to P2P Service
A year after its unveiling at Money20/20, Zelle returns to the “Ball” with significant momentum behind its banking industry-led, real-time mobile payments network. Zelle enables money to move from one bank account to another typically within minutes, using only an e-mail address or a mobile phone number. In Q3 2017 (July – Sept.) Zelle payments surged, with an average of 65,000 consumers enrolling daily, resulting in the network processing more than 60-million real-time
Zelle Network® Processes 100MM transactions in the first half of 2017; and, New Zelle App Extends Network Reach, and Enhances Mobile Banking Experiences
Since June 2017, Zelle Network Banks and Credit Unions have seen up to 300% increases in new customer enrollments. An average of more than 50,000 new consumers enroll with Zelle daily. These consumers join a person-to-person (P2P) payments network already poised to reach more than 86-million consumers through the mobile banking apps of Zelle Network participant banks and credit unions.
Zelle® Changes the Way Money Moves - Makes Sending Money Digitally to Friends and Family Fast, Safe and Easy for More than 86-Million Mobile Banking Consumers
Beginning this month, more than 86-million U.S. mobile banking consumers will be able to send and receive money through Zelle® – a new person-to-person (P2P) payments network from bank-owned Early Warning Services.
Consumer preference for bank-delivered, faster payments experiences drives network growth
Early Warning Services, an industry leader in real-time payment, authentication, and risk mitigation, today announced that financial institutions in the Zelle NetworkSM processed more than 170-million person-to-person (P2P) payments in 2016, totaling $55 billion in aggregate transaction value.
PaymentsSource has chosen Early Warning's Lou Anne Alexander as one of the 2017 Most Influential Women in Payments! Each year, PaymentsSource honors the women who are driving change by taking risks with new ideas and investments, and developing the technology that will forever change the way people handle money. Congratulations to Early Warning's group president of payments solutions, Lou Anne Alexander, for being included in this prestigious list.
Zelle Network will be offered to Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.clients
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. (NASDAQ:JKHY) is a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry. Today the company announced a strategic alliance with Early Warning to resell Early Warning’s ZelleSMNetwork to partner financial institutions. Zelle, a new faster payments network, will enable financial institution customers to send faster person-to-person (P2P) payments to nearly anyone with a U.S. bank or credit union account.
FIS has partnered with Early Warning to enable financial institutions to offer faster P2P payment services via the Zelle℠ Network to their customers
Ally Bank, Bank of the West and BECU are among banks and credit unions that will access the newly launched service via Fiserv
Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV), a leading global provider of financial services technology solutions, announced today that multiple financial institutions, including Ally Bank, Bank of the West and BECU, have committed to join Early Warning’s ZelleSM Network via an alliance between Fiserv and Early Warning.
Bank Joins ZelleSM Network to Help Consumers Make Safe, Fast and Simple Payments
Fifth Third Bank announced today that it will join Early Warning’s ZelleSM Network to offer customers a safe, fast way to make person-to-person (P2P) payments. With ZelleSM, money can be sent by simply using the recipient’s mobile number or email address. Fifth Third customers will have access to real-time payments with ZelleSM in 2017.
CO-OP Financial Services today announced a strategic partnership with Early Warning to offer credit unions access to the ZelleSM Network. Early Warning’s ZelleSM Network, a financial institution-led digital payments network in the U.S., will enable members of participating credit unions to send money to anyone with a U.S. bank or credit union account.
Transforming Payments with an Easy, Fast and Secure Way to Move Money
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – Early Warning today announced ZelleSM, a new, faster payments network that will revolutionize how U.S. consumers and businesses send and receive money. ZelleSM will launch in early 2017 and will be directly embedded within mobile banking channels of its network banks. A consumer-facing app for person-to-person (P2P) payments will be released in 2017.